Unless otherwise excluded pursuant to this Student Handbook, a student may participate in Commencementif the student:
- Has an eligible graduation date of 11/30, 3/31, or 4/30of that currentacademic year.
- Approved for a Special Graduation Date for that academic year (Between 6/30 and 7/1).
- Slatedfor an 11/30 graduation date the following academicyear,but will complete all graduation requirements prior to 6/30 of the current academic year.
- Did not participate in Commencementfor the academic year theirdegree was conferred,but successfully matched into a residency program in the current academic year.
RUSMfaculty officials selected by the Dean to participate in the RUSM Commencement ceremony hood all graduates. Guest hooders are not permitted.
SPECIAL GRADUATION DATE POLICY
A Special Graduation Date (SGD) may be approved for one of the following reasons:
- Student is a non-US residentand are required to take USMLE Step 3 to obtain a working Visa.
- International citizenship will be verified.
- If a student isapplying for California licensingandmust supply proof that the program for which theywish to interview will not offer an interview without the Post-Graduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) issued, otherwise theirexpected graduation date will allow sufficient time to obtain the PTAL for purposes of the National Resident Matching Program® (The MATCH℠).
- PTAL receipt will be requested.
- Student hasreceived a residency position or other employment, which is scheduled to begin at least one monthbeforetheirscheduled graduation date. The studentmust submit a copy of a signed contract with theirrequest for approval.
- Offer letter will be requested.
To apply for a SGD, submit a written request to Registrar@RossU.eduat least 60 daysprior to the date the student isrequesting. The request must include:
- Anticipateddate you will complete all graduation requirements;
- One of the three reasons listed above;
- All supporting
- documentationas required above:
- Proofofinternational citizenship
- Proof of program requiring PTAL for interview and PTAL receipt
- Copy of signed contract for residencyposition or employment