Special Graduation Date Policy
A Special Graduation Date (SGD) may be approved for one of the following reasons:
- Student is a non-resident and are required to take USMLE Step 3 to obtain a working Visa.
- International citizenship will be verified
- If a student is applying for California licensing and must supply proof that the program for which they wish to interview will not offer an interview without the Post-Graduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) issued, otherwise their expected graduation date will allow sufficient time to obtain the PTAL for purposes of the National Resident Matching Program © (The MATCH).
- PTAL receipt will be requested.
- Student recived a residency position or other employment, which is scheduled to begin at least one month before their schduled graduation date. The student must submit a copy of a signed contract with their request for approval.