Special Graduation Date Request Policy
Special graduation date requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. A Special Graduation Date (SGD) may be approved for one of the following reasons:
- You are an International citizen and are required to take USMLE Step 3 to obtain a working Visa. Your International citizenship will be verified.
- You are applying for California licensing between November 30 and May 31. Please submit the L2 and L5 portions of the California licensing 30 days prior to your SGD requested. If you are requesting an SGD between July 31 and October 31, you must also supply proof that the program for which you wish to interview will not offer an interview without the California status letter, otherwise the November 30 graduation will be sufficient time to obtain the California status letter for purposes of The MATCH.
- You have received a residency position or other employment, which is scheduled to begin at least one month before your scheduled graduation date. You must submit a copy of a signed contract with your request.
To apply for an SGD, submit a written request to the Office of the Registrar at least 60 days prior to the date you are requesting. You will be notified via email if you are approved. The request must include:
- The anticipated date you will complete all graduation requirements;
- How you would like your name listed on the diploma;
- Email address by which you can be notified;
- All supporting documents;
- Student must provide supporting documentation of California Licensing application or residency/employment acceptance
Graduation Application must be submitted via myRoss.